Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our Local Wet Market

Tonight, we went for a long walk to enjoy the "cool" weather (finally under 90) and break in the humidity. One of the things that we checked out was our local wet market, where you can get any sort of produce or animal part that you can dream up. It's definitely an adventure for all five senses, and is best enjoyed with old sneakers on, as the floor has all sorts of blood, guts, and other goodies running amuck. Though there are endless possibilities for experimenting, we stuck with the familiar tonight, walking away with a head of garlic and a jalapeno to spice up our home cooking.
 
Here are just a few photos to give you a feel for it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41697057@N04/sets/72157622139116420/ (though we really wish there was a way to send along tastes, smells, and sounds, too.)

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for snake stew when we visit! ... By the way, got the camera working (updated and reinstalled)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These pics would make a terrific alphabet book for Logan & Madison! I especially love the warty cucumber. I think I'll pass on that snake stew though, it's all yours Larry!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I didn't look at the pictures, I'm guessing it's worse than my imagination! I will when I get up the nerve :) Garlic and jalapeno sound just like Jeff and Carrie. :)

    ReplyDelete